Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer 2013

Ah, summer. The time of year where we don even fewer clothes than normal. A time where we seem to smile and laugh a bit more. And a time where we can enjoy our local farmers markets. That last one is one of my favorite joys; being outside and around others. So what is my point here? It's about realizing how fortunate we are to wake up daily and count our blessings.
  I like my life simple. Clutter-free and easy. I was involved with a wonderful gal but that ended recently. Instead of spending a bunch of  money on fluffing up an apartment, my route was instead to rent a small, fully-furnished studio. Why? Well, why not? It is in an old mansion and it has character. Being a history buff, it kinda makes sense. It's cozy, tidy and there's no yard to take care of. Most of my belongings are in storage and I rid myself of almost all furniture long ago. Heck, if I needed a bed, I would be pretty much screwed! But, it's a freeing feeling.
  The world had way too much these days. Too much Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all that. Any pseudo-celebrity can seemingly make the front page of MSN if they have a headache or a flat tire. Ridiculous. And why is this? I think because we are a 'now' society. We want everything and anything and we want it now. And for what? Does this really make us happy? I pretty much laugh at the headlines today. It's as if we are seeking some sort of credibility with the world, a sort of validation for doing or saying the most insane things.

No comments:

Post a Comment